These are the perfect pancakes to make for your family or friends for a special weekend treat this Autumn. The ginger and mixed spice combined with the muscavado sugar create a real warmth and depth of flavour that will warm you from the inside out. Also as the recipe calls for two bananas so you can tick one of your five a day off your life to do list. Great start to the day.
Banana and gingerbread pancakes
Yield 10 pancakes
- 140g self raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp dark muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground mixed spice
- 2 large eggs
- 125ml milk
- 25g butter, melted
- 2 bananas (1 mashed, 1 sliced)
- Sunflower oil
- Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, ginger and mixed spice together in a bowl.
- In a jug, beat together the wet ingredients, whisk into the flour mixture then stir in the mashed banana to make a fairly smooth batter.
- Heat a frying pan and drop in spoonfuls of the batter.
- Top each with a sliced banana and cook for 2-3 mins on each side.