Blueberry and hazelnut crumble
Yield 4-5 portions
- 400g blueberries
- 20g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 20g butter
- 120g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 40g butter (chilled and cubed)
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Wash the blueberries and place in a medium sized oven proof dish with the sugar, flour and lemon zest.
- Melt the butter and pour over the blueberries and stir well.
- Make the crumble by rubbing the flour and butter together with your fingers until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon and chopped hazelnuts and mix together.
- Pour the crumble mix over the blueberries and bake for 30-35mins until golden.
- If you manage to have any leftovers this is beautiful cold.
Recipe by Can Kim Cook at http://www.cankimcook.co.uk/blueberry-and-hazelnut-crumble-recipe/