Chocolate and orange porridge
Yield 10 portions
- 200g blanched hazelnuts
- 200g pitted dates
- 400g porridge oats
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 orange (zest)
- Toast the hazelnuts in a dry frying pan and then tip into a food processor to chop
- Roughly chop the dates and add to the processor along with half the oats, vanilla extract, orange zest and cocoa powder.
- Pulse the mix until everything is combined, then stir the mixture back through the restof the oats.
- Keep the mix fresh in a airtight container.
- When you want a portion, use half a cup of porridge mix, to one cup milk and heat in a saucepan until thick and creamy.
Recipe by Can Kim Cook at http://www.cankimcook.co.uk/chocolate-and-orange-porridge-recipe/