I was lucky enough to go skiing for the first time in 2017 and I stayed in a catered chalet. It was such a treat having someone cook for you and on our first night our host Anna made a chocolate orange mousse for us. It set the standard for the rest of the trip and Anna was kind enough to share the recipe with us. This mousse is thick, decadent and creamy, the orange give it a lovely twist and it is a great dessert to make if you have company as it can be made the night before. I know it isn’t technically baking – it is much easier than that.
These teacups are my Nana’s which makes this dessert extra special.
Chocolate and orange mousse
Yield 5-6 portions
- 100g dark chocolate
- 150g milk chocolate
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 4 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Once melted add the orange zest and egg yolks and mix well.
- Whisk together the egg whites until stiff.
- Slowly pour the egg whites into the chocolate with a metal spoon.
- Spoon the mixture into cups, jars (anything really) cover with cling film and leave to set for 5 hours in the fridge.
- Remove the mousse from the fridge 20 mins before serving.