If you can resist eating the cookie dough, you’ll wonder why you ever bought cookies from the supermarket. You’ll probably have most of these ingredients to hand and if you don’t feel free to experiment with the sugars and flavours. Another added bonus is that your house will smell amazing whilst these bake. I quite like my biscuits to have a crumbly, crunchy bite, but if you prefer them softer and gooeyer (I’m not sure this is even a word!)
Cinnamon and pecan cookies
- 200g butter
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 1 egg
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 100g sultanas
- 100g chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and butter and line two baking trays with baking parchement
- Beat together the butter sugar and egg, sift in the flour, cinnamon and baking powder and combine with a spoon to make a dough.
- Add the sultanas and the chopped pecans
- Make the dough into small (golf ball sized) balls.
- Flatten these onto the trays and bake for 10mins.
- Once golden leave to cool on wire racks and decorate with melted white chocolate.
This is a very versatile cookie dough mix. Not a fan of pecans, white chocolate also goes well with this mix, feel free to experiment and let me know how it goes.