Do you remember Jammy dodgers? These are the homemade kind and they are so much nicer. This is a simple BBC biscuit dough recipe and I’ve used it as the base for so many biscuits. I keep coming back to Jam biscuits as there are simply too many varieties of Jam to try, my favorite to date has been blueberry jam biscuits.
- 250g butter
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tbsp raspberry Jam
- 6 tbsp icing sugar
- Mix together the butter and sugar followed by the egg yolk and 2 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Sift over the flour and cinnamon and stir until combined.
- Shape into two balls, wrap in cling film and chill for 30mins.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and roll out the dough onto a floured surface, cut out 28 discs with a 7-8cm cutter.
- Remember to cut out a shape of 14 of the discs.
- Bake for 10-12mins.
- Mix the jam and icing sugar together and spoon onto the cooled biscuits & sandwich the biscuits together.