These overnight oats are my take on a bircher muesli. As my version uses yoghurt and milk, the result is a thick, creamy, slightly tangy indulgent breakfast which is perfect topped with granola.
The great thing about overnight oats/bircher muesli is that you can make them completely your own. I just recommend using basic porridge oats (not the jumbo rolled kind) and have a mix of…
- Liquid: Milk / yogurt / juice
- Spices and flavorings: cinnamon / ginger / mixed spice / lemon zest / nut butters
- Texture: Sunflower seeds / pumpkin seeds / chia seeds
- Fresh or frozen fruit: grated apples, dates, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, pears
- Sweetener (optional): honey, sugar, maple syrup, golden syrup
I love to experiment with different flavour combinations, my current favourites include carrot cake oats, apple and date, banana and peanut butter.