I could eat this dressing all by itself, it is amazing. Deliciously Ella does wonderful things with tahini. This salad is really hearty and will keep well for the week, you may just want to add extra dressing as you go along. It is really important that you squeeze the water from the grated carrots as otherwise you’ll end up with a soggy salad.
Squash, carrot, lentil and raisin salad
Yield 5-6 portions
- 1 medium sized butternut squashed
- 3 grated carrots
- ¾ cup of quinoa
- 1 can of rinsed lentils
- Half cup of raisins and pine nuts
- Pinch of rosemary, salt and pepper
- 6 tbsp tahini
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp tamari
- 2 limes
- Heat the oven to 200°C dice and roast the butternut for 30 mins.
- Soak the raisins in boiling water for 10 mins and drain.
- After grating the carrot, squeeze out the excess water (really important step!)
- Cook the quinoa and when ready mix everything together in a bowl. Mix the dressing and keep in a jar - add when serving.
- This will keep in the fridge for a week.