Squash, carrot, lentil and raisin salad
Yield 5-6 portions
- 1 medium sized butternut squashed
- 3 grated carrots
- ¾ cup of quinoa
- 1 can of rinsed lentils
- Half cup of raisins and pine nuts
- Pinch of rosemary, salt and pepper
- 6 tbsp tahini
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp tamari
- 2 limes
- Heat the oven to 200°C dice and roast the butternut for 30 mins.
- Soak the raisins in boiling water for 10 mins and drain.
- After grating the carrot, squeeze out the excess water (really important step!)
- Cook the quinoa and when ready mix everything together in a bowl. Mix the dressing and keep in a jar - add when serving.
- This will keep in the fridge for a week.
Recipe by Can Kim Cook at http://www.cankimcook.co.uk/squash-carrot-lentil-and-raisin-salad/